Thursday, August 5, 2010

Flat Doesn't Equal Nothing

June 9-11, 2010

Once we found out that we would be headed to Illinois, we knew we would be traveling all the way across Kansas.  And whenever we mentioned Kansas to a family member on the phone or a neighbor at the RV park wondering where we were off to next, there was a consensus...there is nothing in Kansas, Kansas is flat (both being negative).  I have to admit I am a tad rebellious, have you guess that yet?  So all this negativity about Kansas just sparked my interest and I was SURE that I was going to love Kansas.  And that I did.  Actually we all loved Kansas.  Having come from spending two months in dry barren Phoenix, AZ, the flat green nothingness with fluffy white clouds against bright blue skies was beautiful to us.  Now mind you we spent two (and a half) days driving across Kansas, stopping at two different RV parks, so we didn't get to see much of Kansas, but what we saw we loved.


We hooped on the prairie in WaKeeny, KS at the WaKeeney KOA.

And then we headed on to Lawrence, KS the place that will never leave our memory, not because it was a super cute little town (which it was) but because it was the place where life threw us a MAJOR curve ball and the next six or so months of our life would be changed dramatically. 

Photos of our drive across Kansas here.
Photos of Lawrence, KS here.

3 comments:

  1. Kansas is so flat. I found that out when I drove through parts of Kansas. It does grown beautiful sunflowers though.
    Love reading about your adventures... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drove through Kansas once as a teenager and slept most of the way ;) I've been following you for a while and I was wondering what does your hubby do for work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather - he works for a national electrical/networking company. He installs & services cctv (video surveillance)and phone/data/cable networking systems, mainly for big box retail stores.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails