Saturday, August 7, 2010

The 12 Project ~ Month 6


June 2010

June ended up being much different than we anticipated.  We left Phoenix, AZ heading towards Texas, then in Albuquerque, NM we got diverted to Colorado Springs, CO.  We spent a few days exploring Colorado Springs, such a truly beautiful part of the country.  While in Colorado Springs, CO our plans changed again and we were now heading to Waterloo, IL (just outside St. Louis, MO).  So we headed across Kansas and while in Kansas I broke my foot, which changed our plans for the entire summer.  The children and I went to Texas for a week and then met up with Nick in St. Louis, MO.

The children loved the days of exploring new places, new RV parks, new playgrounds and new pools!!  We are sure suckers for new places and not just new towns or states, we love new rest stops & highways too.  We have all continued hooping, but the broken foot slowed that down a bit.  The night before I broke my foot I was hooping on the prairie in WaKeeeny, KS and mastered getting the hoop from my waist to my neck without using my arms.  It was such a magical moment.

I don't want to guess at whose life changed the most with me breaking my foot, but if I had to I'd say it was a three way tie between Jericho, Nick & I.  Jericho went from being on my hip or on my back almost all the time to me only being able to hold him if I was laying down.  Nick went from a very hardworking man and very helpful husband and daddy to having to do two fulltime jobs - his night job & my job, cooking, cleaning, laundry, dishes, diaper changing and on and on.  I went from being me to being me laying in a bed and all I know is its VERY hard to be me from a bed or a couch.

The second half of the month we were in St. Louis, MO (actually Cahokia, IL, but its close enough).  We have been staying at the Cahokia RV Park which is only 5 minutes from St. Louis.  E flew to Texas to drive the children and I to St. Louis and was able to stay for almost a week.  She was such a huge help and help me stay comfortable, as always it was so hard to see her go, I cried off and on for hours.  We did not do as much exploring we normally would.  I was in a ton of pain and a lot of our time with Daddy was used doing "daily duties" and not the fun stuff.  We did enjoy driving over the Mississippi River and seeing the St. Louis Arch.  It was more two weeks of surviving and guess what we did, we survived.

Previous "The 12 Project" posts here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I met Sara (walk slowly live wildly) and she told me about you, said we had a lot in common! We are a family of 5 about to set sail on our full time life living in an rv well it's a bus converted into an rv. I just dreaded my hair too! Check out my blog as we get started it's fun. I'm so excited to live crazy! http://www.familyofmovers.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails