Sunday, March 28, 2010

Playing Tourist


When you live somewhere you get use to your surroundings.  You move there, get settled and find your niche.  You begin to get into a routine and you start to do the same things over and over and over again.  I moved to Eureka 8 years ago, found my groove and stopped searching for new things to do.  I would drive south 200 miles to Santa Rosa numerous times a year, but had yet to stop at the Avenue of the Giants in the Humboldt Redwoods, which was a mere 30 miles south of Eureka.  I was always in a hurry to get to Santa Rosa or to get home.  This time we decided to stop and play tourist and I am so glad we did.  We are on this journey, this adventure, not just to get to the destination but to enjoy the road there.  I strive each day to implement that into our lives, this particular day I succeeded.


Photos from Avenue of the Giants, CA here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails